Functional capacity evaluations
Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE) are a process whereby the physical capability of a worker is objectively assessed using a series of standardised tests, to determine the individual’s safe, functional capacity for work or a specific activity.
Performed by a specially trained and qualified physiotherapist, FCE’s help to determine a worker’s abilities over a range of physical demands and may be beneficial in facilitating his or her functional recovery.
Mount Isa Physiotherapy trains our physiotherapists in the recognized WorkHab method of Functional Capacity Evaluations. FCE’s are predominately used to:
• Determine an individual’s safe and objective physical capabilities.
• Establish and monitor rehabilitation goals.
• Aid in return to work facilitation.
• Match workers to job roles or new potential roles
• Integrate as risk based approach to rehabilitation
Benefits to your organisation
A Functional Capacity Evaluation provides your organisation with the insight on whether a worker is suitable for a task, and plays an important role in the health and safety of your workplace. Some of the benefits of conducting one of these evaluations include:
• Reduced amount of workplace injuries
• Reduction in the amount of Work Cover and insurance claims
• Minimised lost time due to absenteeism
• A safer, healthier working environment for employees
• Ability to match the capacity of the worker with the job role
After conducting a range of physical tests, our physiotherapists will provide you with a comprehensive report of results from the evaluation, to help you make a decision on the suitability of the worker.
To organise a Functional Capacity Evaluation for your workplace, please get in touch with our clinic today.