We can provide treatment to people who are eligible Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) members. These benefits are also extended to those who are the spouse, widow or child of an eligible DVA member or veteran. Our clinic is able to offer its range of multidisciplinary services to you if you have an assessed clinical need and a:
Veteran Gold Card
This card provides you with clinically required treatment for all medical conditions. Click here to learn if you qualify for a Gold Card.
Veteran White Card
This treatment card provides you with medical treatment for accepted service-related injuries or conditions. Click here to learn if you qualify for a White Card.
What we can provide Veteran’s Affairs members
Our experienced physiotherapists are able to provide a range of services to help you move and feel better. Physiotherapy is an extremely beneficial tool for improving both a person’s physical and mental health. Some of the services we can provide for DVA members that help improve their wellbeing include:
• Exercise programs to improve movement and control
• Airway clearance techniques that help to decrease lung infections and improve lung function
• Soft tissue massage that helps to improve range of motion, joint flexibility and relieve pain
• Dry needling to provide pain relief and restore movement
• Water therapy conducted in a heated pool
• Equipment aids and appliances
What can we treat
At Mount Isa Physio, our physiotherapists are well versed in a range of treatments and techniques which allow them to provide pain relief and improve the mobility of their patients. We are able to provide treatment to people who suffer from:
• Knee pain
• Shoulder pain
• Back and neck pain
• Arthritis, swelling and stiffness
• Chronic health conditions
• General and post operative rehabilitation
• Hip pain
• Much more
Eligible DVA members will need to receive a referral through their GP, medical specialist, treating doctor in hospital or hospital discharge planner in order to receive treatment. When you visit us you will need to bring both your referral, and your DVA Gold or White card. By doing so this ensures that we are able to bill DVA directly and provide our services to you free of charge.
If you would like to learn more about our DVA service offerings, or would like to book an appointment with us, please give us a call today.